Tuesday, January 11, 2011
MITS Bus Stinks!
Is it just me or is the public transportation in Muncie terrible. Most routes do not run in the evenings and the buses are so unreliable that it is always a guess as to when you will reach your destination. This does not exactly fly when you're trying to use the bus to transport yourself to places where you are punished if you are late. For example, class or work. Granted I did live in Portland, OR for several years (that city is well known in the West for its amazing public transport system) and may have become accustomed to getting around a big city without needing a car, but either way a college town as sprawled out as Muncie really needs a better public transportation system. Maybe if the City and the University worked together just a tiny bit better this could be a real possibility. Then again, what do I know?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You know, I have been continually frustrated with Muncie's transportation system. But that could simply come from lack of experience with public transportation since I'm from a small town. I also do not like taking the BSU buses. Unless you see one coming, you might as well walk to your destination. I have found that I get there just as quickly.
ReplyDeleteTo be completely honest, you should count your blessing when it comes to the MITTS bus. A lot of colleges don't have the access to buses, however dysfunctional they may be, at all.
ReplyDeleteSomething is better than nothing, however after using and relying on the good public tranit of a big city, Muncie's is pretty bad. I have never lived in a huge city but after using other public transportation for stints of a few weeks at a time it's safe to say that Muncie sucks. There's probably not too much hope in it getting better, I'd assume most cities of this size are in the same situation.
ReplyDelete